MOTIVES, VALUES, PREFERENCES INVENTORY (MVPI)
The Inside of Personality
The (MVPI) describes personality from the inside – the core goals, values, drivers, and interests that determine what we desire and strive to attain. By assessing values, you can understand what motivates candidates to succeed, and in what type of position, job, and environment they will be the most productive. Values impact every aspect of peoples’ careers. The MVPI helps us understand what motivates people to succeed and in what type of position, job, and environment they will be the most productive, making it a powerful tool that can be used throughout the employee lifecycle.
The MVPI consists of 10 primary scales, which are further divided into five subscales or item themes. The MVPI item themes provide additional interpretive power by categorizing individuals’ responses to the items that compose each MVPI scale.
MVPI QUICK FACTS
- 15 to 20 minute completion time
- Available in more than 40 languages
- Evaluates the fit between values culture
- Predicts success and job satisfaction
- More than one million participants assessed
- Validated for use in more than 400 research studies
- No invasive or intrusive items
- No adverse impact
- Online administration
SELECTION: Selection reports fueled by the MVPI inject valuable insight into the hiring process. Determine whether candidates’ values are a good fit for their job, work group, or company.
DEVELOPMENT: Understanding what drives your people to succeed gives you valuable managerial insight to help guide your employees’ careers.
LEADERSHIP: Help your leaders understand how their unconscious biases are likely to influence their decisions about people and projects, and the type of corporate culture their values are likely to create.
The MVPI measures five item themes that predict culture fit in an organization.
- Lifestyles: concern the manner in which a person would like to live
- Beliefs: involve “shoulds,” ideals, and ultimate life goals
- Occupational Preferences: include an individual’s preferred work, and what constitutes a good job
- Aversions: reflect attitudes and behavior that are disliked or distressing
- Preferred Associates: concern the kind of person desired as coworkers and friends
High scorers are described as:
- Recognition: responsive to attention, approval, and praise
- Power: desiring success, accomplishment, status, and control
- Hedonism: orientated for fun, pleasure, and enjoyment
- Altruistic: wanting to help others and contribute to society
- Affiliation: enjoying and seeking out social interaction
- Tradition: dedicated to strong personal beliefs
- Security: needing predictability, structure, and order
- Commerce: interested in money, profits, investment, and business opportunities
- Aesthetics: needing self-expression, concerned over look, feel, and design of work products
- Science: wanting knowledge, research, technology, and data
THREE WAYS TO PURCHASE HOGAN ASSESSMENTS!
HOGAN Leadership Forecast Series + Virtual Coaching Session $995: Details the implications of your personality and motivational profiles when you apply yourself to a leadership role.
HOGAN Career Report $40: Identifies how you / someone will act in various business circumstances, identifies strengths and shortcomings, and includes detailed tips to help manage your / their career.
HOGAN Compass Report $40: Identifies your / employees' core values, compares them with various occupations and cultures, and describes the type of environment in which you / they will be comfortable working and living.
HOGAN Agile Leader $180: It will only take you 15 minutes to find out whether you are prepared for tomorrow’s leadership models.
HOGAN EQ Assessment $75: Assesses emotional intelligence, the ability to identify and manage your own and others’ emotions.
HOGAN Manage Report $40: provides managers with effective techniques for managing employees based on their personality.
HOGAN Leader Focus $80: What Type of Leader Are You?
HOGAN Candidate Summary $150: A self-guided interpretation of individual strengths, values and challenges. The report is a snapshot of interpersonal performance, organizational fit, and a primer for performance improvement and shifts in behavior.
Global Assessment Inventory $55: Measures 10 attributes crucial for successful adaptation when doing business across cultures.
We have been a leading distributor & training provider of Hogan Assessments for over 20 years.
PPI chose Hogan instruments over many others because they meet our criteria for excellence in workplace assessment, including rigorous scientific standards and no adverse impact.